JULY 26, 2021
Road trips are a classic, American pastime, especially during the summer months. The time spent on the road can be just as memorable as the vacation itself. Pitstops, car snacks, sibling rivalry, and car trouble can all make their way into family stories that are told again and again. One essential part of any road trip is the food. There’s room for both indulgent favorites and foods that will nourish people while on the road. Pack your cooler and snack bag with these foods to fuel your family and friends and make memories this year.
Convenient and purposeful
Trips take a lot of planning. Sometimes, keeping it simple is best. Choose foods that travel well and provide the nutrition your body needs.
- Well Yes! Sipping Soups are a convenient option to heat up as you hit the road. Pack Tomato & Sweet Basil and Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato varieties in your cooler and enjoy chilled. Each sipping cup gives you 20% or more of your daily veggies without a spoon.
- Emerald Nuts 100 calorie packs are good on their own or paired with fruit and yogurt. With healthy fats, fun flavors, and single-serve portions, these are the perfect road trip snack.
- Fruit cups packed in 100% juice or dried fruit
- Yogurt cups and smoothies
- Cheese snacks
- V8 100% Vegetable juice 5.5 fl. oz. cans
Prepped and chilled
When you’re headed out on a longer trip, a little extra planning and prepping can go a long way. With most fast food meal deals easily costing over $5 each, it can really add up when you are feeding a family. Many home-packed meals can save you money and provide balanced nutrition.
Fun and memorable
Pack nutrition and fun on your next trip with some of these customizable ideas:
- Make your own trail mix with your favorite sunflower seeds, dried fruit, and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish.
- Make it an activity—try out new flavors of your favorite snacks and rate them with your companions.
- Make homemade veggie-packed pizzas the night before your trip and eat the leftovers in the car.
- Splurge on some items you wouldn’t normally buy like gourmet beef jerky, macadamia nuts or dark chocolate covered cherries.
Whether you’re headed out for a short drive for a weekend away or you’re going cross country, planning and packing your food can save money, make memories, and keep you feeling your best.