Card Members can now apply their Lowe’s Rewards to purchases on their statement, while earning rewards on purchases at Lowe’s, restaurants and office supply stores in the U.S., and more.
NEW YORK, August 31, 2021 – Today, American Express and Lowe’s introduced a new cash back reward option for small and mid-size business Card Members to help fuel their business, add to their cash flow, and meet their business-to-business (B2B) spending needs. Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members can now earn rewards and redeem them for cash back on their statement – whether visiting Lowe’s to stock up on appliances, lumber or tools, or making purchases outside of Lowe’s like grabbing pizza for the crew at the jobsite, staying connected to clients with a wireless plan, or running to the nearest office supply store.
“Many of our Lowe’s Business Card Members are in construction, an industry that has experienced high demand during the pandemic and into the recovery, and one where cash flow is critical as these businesses deal with large upfront costs while waiting to get paid on the backend,” says Courtney Kelso, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Global Commercial Card, American Express. “We heard from these Card Members that they need more flexibility to run their growing businesses, and this new cash back reward option delivers, enabling them to focus on what’s most important – getting the job done.”
“This new cash back reward for our small and mid-size Pros, or Professional customers, is yet another example of how we are continuing to offer Pros unique benefits to meet their business needs,” said Fred Stokes, Senior Vice President of Pro Sales and Services for Lowe’s. “We estimate that the Pro product market is more than $400 billion and is expected to grow faster than the overall U.S. home improvement market in the coming years. And, as Pro customers shop at Lowe’s significantly more often than DIY customers, we know there is a huge and growing opportunity to continue to support this very important customer base with new offerings and products.”
The updated Card rewards include:
- 2% cash back on Lowe’s purchases
- 2% cash back at U.S. restaurants, U.S. office supply stores, and wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers
- 1% cash back on other purchases
New and existing Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members can apply their Lowe’s Rewards to any purchase on their statement or redeem them for Lowe’s gift cards.
Eligible new Card Members can also take advantage of special welcome offers1, including:
- 5% cash back at Lowe’s for the first six months of Card Membership
- $100 statement credit upon Card approval
- From September 13, 2021 through September 24, 2021, receive an additional $50 statement credit on top of the $100 after joining Lowe’s4Pros Loyalty Program and registering their Card
In addition, Lowe’s Business Rewards Card Members will continue to enjoy:
- $0 annual fee2
- Access to benefits with Lowe’s ProServices, including access to dedicated ProServices team members, discounted delivery, and bulk rate pricing
- 5% discount at Lowe’s on eligible purchases, when checking out online or in-store
- Access to American Express’ expense management tools including Cards for employees, account alerts to manage companywide spending and more
- American Express benefits, such as Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty and more
- A number of Amex Offers for savings across shipping and advertising services, technology, office supplies and more